American Cesar Sayok who sent explosive devices in the mail to critics of US President Donald Trump last year has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
This is reported by the BBC.
“A Trump supporter who admitted sending bombs to critics of the American president was jailed for 20 years,” the statement said.
It is noted that the prosecutor’s office asked for life for 57-year-old Cesar Sayok. He was arrested on October 26, 2018, in Plantation, Florida, and previously charged with five counts.
In addition to mailing 16 homemade bombs across the country to critics of U.S. President Donald Trump, Sayok also sent threatening images.
According to the prosecution, the evidence against Sayok includes DNA samples that link him to 10 explosive devices, two of which are fingerprints.
Sayok is said to have pleaded guilty to 65 counts of sending 16 “mail bombs” to prominent Democratic Party officials, as well as to the CNN office. He admitted to making improvised explosive devices from plastic pipes, digital alarm clocks with electrical wiring, fireworks and shards of glass.